Thank you all for being awesome!
Submitted on 2015-01-22 16:15
Just over a year ago in Perth, we invited you to a party at our place, and we feel as if that is exactly what #lca2015 has been.
You have Been Awesome guests, and it's been a great party.
We had fantastic feedback from our event venues. MOTAT told us that their volunteer enthusiasts who were staffing the exhibits really enjoyed the intelligent conversations that they had with you. The staff at Sweat Shop said that you were all extremely well behaved which was why they were happy to keep the bar open for as long as you wanted.
We couldn't have asked for more from our guests.
We had a great time, and now it's time to relax for a little while. The videos of the presentations and keynotes are now online, and we're uploading the slides as they come in.
Our Thanks To
- Linux Australia for trusting us with this amazing event
- Our Speakers, Miniconf Organisers and Keynote / Plenary presenters
- Linus, Bdale, Andrew and Rusty for the Q&A Session on Friday
- The delegates for joining us in Auckland for #lca2015
- The Sponsors for their contributions to linux.conf.au
- AV, Video and Network Team
- Rego Desk
- Partners Program Team
- Room Runners
- Our Drivers
- Graphics and design team for our website, logos and associated swag
- The ghosts of conferences past
- ...and the team who have spent so much of the last year putting this event together
Some NumbersAs part of our closing session we provided some numbers regarding LCA 2015.
- 0 - Unclaimed badges or bags at rego desk
- 1 - Virtual session
- 3 - Official social events for our attendees
- 8 - Years since Cherie and Steven first attended #lca2007 in Sydney
- 9 - Participants in our Keynote, Plenary and Q&A Sessions
- 13 - Miniconfs
- 89 - Main Program talks / tutorials
- 470 - Days from being notified that Auckland would host #lca2015 until our closing ceremony
- 650 - Average number of distinct devices on the conference delegate WiFi network
- 715 - Days from the #lca2015 BoF held at #lca2013 in Canberra until the close of #lca2015
- 3113 - Coffees served up by Tuihana Cafe
- 3GB/s - Typical daily peak data utilisation on the conference WiFi network
To the future
The whole #lca2015 Auckland team wish the best of luck to the #lca2016 Geelong team...
Cherie and Steven Ellis